Internet Live Stats is a completely free service offering tons of priceless information.
1.5 minute read
Or the total number of websites in the world, emails sent today, daily Google searches?
If you're curious how many computers, smart pads, and cell phones have sold today, there is a place online where you can find out all that and more.
I discovered Internet Live Stats a few years ago and have been a regular visitor to their site ever since. Their up-to-the moment stats provide me valuable insights as to what is happening in the online world.
As you visit their site, the numbers are essentially rolling and progressing throughout the day, so you are seeing results in real time, as opposed to static report.
Internet Live Stats is a completely free service offering tons of priceless information. If you do any kind of business, marketing, or create for the Internet on any level, then the intel provided through Internet Live Stats could prove invaluable.
Some of the stats they track and share are:
• Internet Users in the World (over 4.65 Billion) Around 40% of the world population has an internet connection today (view all on a page )
• Total Number of Websites (over 1.79 Billion) There are over 1.5 billion websites on the world wide web today. Of these, less than 200 million are active. The milestone of 1 billion websites was first reached in September of 2014, as confirmed by NetCraft in its October 2014 Web Server Survey and first estimated and announced by Internet Live Stats (see the tweet from the inventor of the World Wide Web, Tim Berners-Lee).
• Emails sent today (over 262 Billion)
• Google Searches today (over 7 Billion)
• Blog post written today (over 7 Million)
• Tweets sent today (over 780 Million)
• Videos viewed on YouTube (over 7.3 Billion)
• Website hacked today (over 163,000)
• Computers sold today (over 677,000)
The numbers above reflect stats for August 20,2020.
I trust their numbers partly because of their sources:
Current internet user population estimates are delivered by Worldometers' RTS algorithm, which processes data elaborated through statistical analysis after being collected from the following sources:
Hi, I'm A.D. Cook, co-creator and site designer/manager/admin for DreamToLaunch.com. I'm also an artist, writer, and speaker. I've been designing for the Internet since 1995. Visit me at ADCookDesign.com for more information and check out my new book, DREAM TO LAUNCH, with co-creator Beti Kristof.